Signs You Need Commercial Roof Replacement
When a commercial property suffers from a failing roofing system, not only will it reduce the curb appeal and value of your building, but it can also lead to serious safety hazards. This applies not only to employees working in the building but also to customers, clients, and visitors.
When your property has a failing roof, it is important not to rush things to determine whether a simple repair or a complete replacement is necessary.
An inspection should be performed by a professional roofing contractor such as Bulldog Builders. Our professional roofing experts will go to your property and thoroughly inspect your roofing system. We will be able to tell you exactly what needs to be done and how much it will cost.
To give you a better idea about whether your roofing system is in need of replacement, let's go through some of the common signs:
- Leaks: One sign that it may be time for commercial roof replacement is persistent leaks. If you have tried to repair leaks multiple times only for them to return, this is a sign that your roofing system needs to be replaced.
- Blistering: Blistering is when the roofing material starts to lift away from the surface of the roof. This is usually caused by improper installation, defective materials, or water damage. Blistering can also be a sign of underlying problems such as rot or mold.
- Damaged Roof Membrane: Another sign that your roof may need to be replaced is a damaged roof membrane. The roof membrane is the layer that protects your roof from the elements. If it is damaged, it can lead to leaks and other problems. Replacement of the roof membrane is necessary to prevent any other premature damage to your roof.
- Old Roof: Roofs can last for over 50 years, depending on the materials and quality of installation. However, if your roof is over 20 years old, it may be time to start thinking about replacing it. If you're not sure whether you need commercial roof repair or replacement, call Bulldog Builders today and schedule a free roof inspection. We will be able to assess the condition of your roof and recommend the best course of action.
- Daylight Shining Through the Roof: If you can see daylight shining through your roof, then this is a sign that your roof needs to be replaced. This is usually caused by holes or cracks in the roof.
- Excessive Energy Bills: Roofs are good insulators. If you've noticed a sudden increase in your energy bills, it could be due to your roof no longer being able to insulate your building properly. This is usually caused by leaks or cracks in the roof.
Contact Bulldog Builders for Your Commercial Roof Replacement Needs in Waukesha
Bulldog Builders is a trusted roofing company that has been servicing Waukesha, WI, since 2013. Our commitment to quality and customer service has made us one of the leading roofing companies in the area.
To know whether your roofing system is on its last leg, or if it just needs a few repairs, call us today at (414) 405-1751 to schedule a free roof inspection. One of our experienced roofing contractors will be more than happy to assess the condition of your roof and give you an accurate assessment of its condition. Don't forget to ask about our financing options and our 1-day roof replacement service.