How Can Storms Damage Your Roof?
The most dangerous aspect of a storm is how it’s a combination of several damaging things. These elements are what cause destruction to your roof.
- Rain: Heavy rain can leak moisture into your shingles and the underlying support structure. This causes decay and structural damage. In some cases, the added moisture can encourage mold growth.
- Snow: It may look light, but snow can pile up on your roof and put pressure on the structure. And as it melts, it creates the same issues as rain.
- Hail: Hail is among the most destructive of them all, capable of puncturing, cracking, and destabilizing your shingles. Plus, hail can strip away the protective granules of shingles, which can redirect water flow to the wrong places.
- Wind: The strong winds during a storm can rip away individual shingles or even blow away whole sections of the roof.
- Ice/Frost: During the colder months, frost can occur after a storm. It can block water from draining down the gutters and will add to the weight of snow on your roof.
How Do You Process an Insurance Claim for Roof Damage Repair?
Repairing or replacing a roof can be a complex and expensive project. Thankfully, most home insurance plans cover storm damage to a certain extent.
At Bulldog Builders, we can assist you in processing your insurance claim so we can go ahead with the repair or replacement.
- assess the roof damage through an inspection
- help the homeowner fill out the paperwork for the claim
- work with insurance adjusters as they inspect your roof
- provide an outline for repair or replacement services requested by the insurance company
- handle the repairs or replacement once the claim is approved and funding is secured
Work With Bulldog Builders, A Trusted Roofing Contractor
When in need of storm damage roof replacement in Oconomowoc, turn to Bulldog Builders. Not only do we provide comprehensive roof replacement and repair services but we’re also knowledgeable about the insurance process.
Our founder, Wes Kitto, worked as an insurance adjuster in the past so he can use his knowledge to guide you during the process.
So whenever you suspect storm damage on your roofing, call us at 414-405-1751 or send us a message to schedule a free roof inspection.
You'll get a quote for your project and we can discuss available financing options so that you can resolve any issues the right way, the first time. And if you need the job done quickly, ask about our 1-day roof replacement service.
We also invite you to check out our gallery to see some of the projects we've worked on in the past.