The Difference Between Repair and Roof Replacement
Although the terms are sometimes used interchangeably, roof repair and roof replacement have distinct differences. When you say roof repair, it addresses minor damages such as holes, leaks, or patches. It's more of a quick fix. Roof replacement, on the other hand, is more comprehensive and involves a complete overhaul of the existing roof structure taking it down to its bare bones and building it back up again with new, modern materials. While roof replacement is not always the answer, it is often necessary for a more secure, energy efficient, and reliable roof system.
Your Brookfield Commercial Roof Replacement Options
Once you've identified and proven that you need a commercial roof replacement in Brookfield, choosing the right replacement materials is the next step. Bulldog Builders have a wide selection of roofing material and style options to choose from. These include:
- Metal: Perfect for any size commercial roof, metal roofs are energy-efficient. It's also fireproof and can last for over 50 years with the right maintenance.
- Asphalt or modified bitumen: This type of roofing material is best for sloped roofs since it holds up to extreme weather conditions. It's also cost-effective and has various colors to match the existing aesthetics of your commercial building.
- PVC: If strength and durability are your main concern, PVC is the ideal option. It's also water-resistant and a great way to save energy costs in the long run. It can last over 20 years with proper maintenance.
- TPO: Also known as a thermoplastic polyolefin, TPO roofs are lightweight which makes them easier to install. They also defend against UV radiation and provide great energy savings.
- EPDM: A synthetic rubber membrane, EPDM is great for flat or low-sloped roofs. It also blocks UV rays, making it an ideal choice for energy savings.
- Built-up Roofing: Made from multiple layers of asphalt and tar, built-up roofs are incredibly durable and fire-resistant making them an obvious choice for commercial properties that require high protection.
- Flat Roof Coating: Whichever material you choose for your flat roof, it is always advisable to coat it. If you have a flat roof that is not coated and starting to show signs of age or wear-and-tear, we recommend you look into having it coated right away! It can preserve and extend the life of your flat rook and often comes with a 20-year warranty.
Contact Bulldog Builders Today
Don't settle for a dilapidated roof. Contact Bulldog Builders today to learn more about our commercial roof replacement services - or any other of our roofing services in Brookfield.
For an inspection and quote, call us at (414) 405-1751. After an initial inspection, we will be able to provide you with a detailed report and estimate of what your roof needs - and the financing options to help you make it happen.